Time to register for 2020 Great Decisions program
The World Affairs Council of Greater Reading’s Great Decisions program for 2020 has returned.
WAC teams with seven other community groups to hold facilitated discussions based on readings and videos prepared by the Foreign Policy Association. WAC believes that civil, contemplative discussion is valuable and promotes understanding.
For 2020, the FPA will cover eight hot topics: Climate Change and the Global Order, India and Pakistan, Red Sea Security, Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, U. S. Relations with the Northern Triangle of Central America, China’s Road into Latin America, The Philippines and U.S., and Artificial Intelligence and Data.
The general public is welcome to register and attend at any of the seven hosting locations, including the retirement communities. Each hosting group will administer its program, including subjects, dates and charges.
WAC will have a master schedule so missed subjects can be made up at other locations.
Groups and contact information:
- Jewish Cultural Center: Amanda Hornberger, 610-921-0624 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wyomissing Library: Ann Sheehan, 610-374-2385 or email@example.com
- Library at Lititz: Steve Franz, 717-656-0353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reading Public Library: Linda Capozello, 610-478-8977 or email@example.com
- Phoebe: Carol Ort, 610-927-3412 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or John Mattes, email@example.com
- The Highlands: Jared Martz, 484-220-8265 or martzj@the highlands.org
- The Heritage: Cheryl Anderson, 484-269-5145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GREAT DECISIONS 2020 MASTER SCHEDULE
NOTE: The Covid-19 virus situation has made the scheduling for Great Decisions very fluid with postponements and cancellations. We strongly recommend you check with the hosts for your sessions before trying to attend.The hosts are listed above. The Master Schedule continues to reflect the original planned dates.
|Wyomissing Library||Lilitz Library||Reading Library||JCC||Highlands||Heritage||Phoebe|
|India & Pakistan||24-Feb||11-Mar||25-Feb||16-Mar||5-Feb||26-Mar||11-Feb|
|Red Sea Security||30-Mar||8-Apr||10-Mar||23-Mar||11-Mar||23-Apr||18-Feb|
|Modern Slavery & Trafficking||23-Mar||13-May||24-Mar||9-Mar||4-Mar||28-May||25-Feb|
|US &the Northern Triangle||9-Mar||10-Jun||7-Apr||6-Apr||19-Feb||25-Jun||3-Mar|
|China’a Road to Latin America||6-Apr||8-Jul||21-Apr||20-Apr||12-Feb||23-Jul||10-Mar|
|Philippines & the US||13-Apr||12-Aug||5-May||30-Mar||18-Mar||27-Aug||17-Mar|
|Artificial Intelligence & Data||27-Apr||9-Sep||12-May||13-Apr||1-Apr||24-Sep||24-Mar|